Well, I trust your week has been great so far.
In the twinkle of an eye, the first month of 2014 ends today! For those who listened to my advise to think about the year in days rather than as a full year, I believe you can now see why I gave that suggestion. There is an urgency you must place on each second of the year so that you can optimise it.
In his book, The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell wrote about the little things that make a BIG difference. I have decided to rename 2014 as my ‘Tipping Year’. This year, I have made some small adjustments which I believe will make a BIG difference. Let me share some with you:
- Moved to a new office: the clients I intend to reach this year will take me more seriously & pay me accordingly
- Reduced Social Media time: I realise this takes a lot of my time
- Engaged a strong team: my many projects require strong & competent team members
- Started a ‘Learning Time’: I watch informative videos, read specific websites & books and I have started taking business courses online
- Prioritised my relationships: I realise that the older I get, the more I need to determine who I spend each second of the rest of my life with
- Actively engaged my mentors: If I attach myself to people ahead of me, I will go faster & achieve more
I want to implore you to make 2014 your ‘Tipping Year’. Let this year be that one where everything changed. You first need to make up your mind for this to be so and then you MUST make adjustments in line with it.
As we thank God for Friday, please reflect on what I have written above. We all need a SHIFT forward no matter how well we are already doing. I hope you realize that you were born to deliver something significant to our generation- this is why you were born in this age.
Get Disciplined, Get Focused, Get Prepared and Get Going!
I appreciate YOU! Have a wonderful day and please share this with those you care about.