The referee has blown his whistle and all he is doing is checking the time.
Like you, I am very expectant where this second half is concerned. Unlike other years, I want to maximise the next 6 months in such a way that it will feel like 6 years, in terms of results.
While watching Nigeria drop out of the world cup, I picked a few lessons that can help you ‘win’ this match called 2014.
- Focus: You do not have more than 184 days left this year. You must choose what you want to achieve. Efforts will only count when they deliver desired results
- Score Early: Why not decide to achieve your goals early on in this second half? Procrastination is never your friend.
- Have a Solid ‘Keeper’: Make sure you have someone who is watching your back & who you are accountable to in achieving your goals
- Do not play without your strengths: When Onaze was ‘taken out’, the team lost steam. Your Onaze’s are your core strengths that make you better than others in a field. Maximize them
- Never lose Hope: The only time you are allowed to feel helpless about your goals for 2014 will be January 1, 2015. Its never over till its over. Maintain a ‘fighting’ spirit. It will pay off.
Just the same way people all over the world gathered to watch teams, I see crowds of people gather to watch you in the nearest future. Its a BRIGHT half-year ahead..